Your mobile phone can be a powerful tool if you have the perfect apps that suit your day to day activities. Almost any type of application can be downloaded on mobile phones these days and it helps many people on many ways.
Walkie talkies were once very powerful tools as well. Back in the day when mobile phones were not yet invented, walkie talkies were used for real time communication and have helped develop what we have today. But really, only a small number of people use an actual walkie talkie nowadays. Although it is a helpful and handy tool, why bring another device when you can have one in your mobile phone?
Walkie talkie apps are available in the app stores of your mobile phone. If you are someone who uses a walkie talkie often, we recommend you download one on your phone and ask your teammates to download the same app as well.
Benefits of having a walkie talkie app
Having a walkie talkie app on your mobile phone can be more beneficial than you think, especially if you are someone who uses it often. You can have several benefits in using your phone as a walkie talkie rather than the conventional device.
- Mobile walkie talkies are great when you are an event organizer or you have a team that is simultaneously doing different tasks. You can’t be in two places at one time, so use that mobile walkie talkie to give your directions from where you are.
- A mobile walkie talkie is available anytime you need it. We all bring our mobile phones everywhere we go. Thus, we bring our walkie talkie wherever we go as well.
- It’s like a one stop shop for all that you need, your mobile phone is handy and not bulky unlike the conventional walkie talkies.
- Mobile walkie talkie apps are fast and easy to use. Because of the technology that your mobile phone has, the speed and user-friendliness of the walkie talkie app are ideal.
Walkie Talkie Apps
There are many walkie talkie apps available online from your mobile app store. We have listed down the top rated and most downloaded apps for your reference.
- Voxer Walkie Talkie Messenger. This app offers many features as a walkie talkie. It sends voice messages instead of real-time conversations. It can send and receive photo messages. The app is free for iPhone and Android and in-app purchases are available to add more features to the app. When using Voxer, a data connection is needed. You can use either WiFi or mobile data.
- iPTT Walkie Talkie. iPTT is an original Apple push-to-talk app that is free to download on your iPhone. It is like a conventional walkie talkie where you just push to talk through a one on one or group conversation over WiFi or mobile data.
- Zello Push-to-Talk Walkie Talkie. Zello offers many features such as real-time dispatches and sending voice messages. It can also send and receive images from your contacts. You have the option to change your availability status to either available, busy or offline. It can work on WiFi, 4G, 3G and even EDGE and GPRS. This app is available for iPhone, Blackberry, Android and PC.
- TiKL Touch Talk Walkie Talkie. TiKL is a simple push-to-talk app that needs data or WiFi connection to work. It offers a one on one and group conversations feature and are can work on Apple or Android phones. The application is free to download from the app store.
Mobile walkie talkie apps can be really handy and helpful. Rather than walking around with a bulky device that can do one function only, why not use your mobile phone instead? It’s handy, fast and easy. So download the app you like and ask your team to download it as well.