A List of Long Range Walkie Talkies: Which Do You Prefer?
Walkie talkies are devices that allow people to have communication when they are apart from each other. These devices use radio transmitters instead of cellphone signal towers, which is quite advantageous when they are used in areas without any phone receptions. A lot of people use these transmitters in almost different places such as in sports arenas, fishing trips, hunting expeditions and hiking adventures. Workers also use them in communicating construction sites to have their instructions delivered fast and hassle free.
Walkie Talkie Features
Most walkie talkies have these features and others may have less or more. Buyers can choose the model they would like to have and the features that they have in them. Before you can choose between different models, it would be a good idea to know the different features that you like to have in your device.
- Auto Squelch
- Channel Scanning
- Family Radio Service
- Battery Meter
- Battery Charger
- Keypad Lock
- Privacy Codes
- Keystroke Beeps
- Headset Jack
- Optional Call Tones
- General Mobile Radio Service
- Range in Miles
- Roger Beep
- Disposable Batteries
- Silent Mode
- Warranty Length
- Weather Alert
- Water Resistant
Different Walkie Talkie Models
Now that you have the basic features of the walkie talkies, you can now choose models that you think would suit your needs. There are plenty of them out in the market, but here are a few of which they are compared.
Ini Pair Set 8-Channel Walkie Talkie Set
- This very portable set of walkie talkies that has a long range of 2.5 km is made to deliver clear and fast communication. It is quite ideal with jobs such as those that have anything to do with security purposes.
- Police departments, bike couriers, exhibit events and trade shows, fire departments and campus maintenance crews also use this pair to have better connection with companions
- These handsets have the appearance of sturdiness and powerfulness that most would want to keep for a long time
- They are easy to use, very portable and even has 8 channels to choose from
Baofeng 2 Walkie Talkie UHF 400-470 MHZ 2 Way Radio 16 CH 5W BF-888S Long Range and Earphones
- This device has 16 channels once it is operated by 1500mAh Li-on battery
- This device has a frequency range of UHF, RF rated power of less than 5W, a channel spacing of 25 KHz and an operated voltage of 3.7 V.
- This walkie talkie is capable of delivering a communication range of 2-4 kilometers
- The Baofeng Walkie Talkie is the device used by security guards, construction area workers, staffs in supermarkets and people who hike and bike.
Motorola Talkabout 20 Mile Long Range 2 Way Radio Walkie Talkie
- The Motorola Walkie Talkie is designed to be stylish and efficient at the same time.
- The usage of these radios is quite easy since they have big uncomplicated buttons
- The rugged design of its exterior make it have an outer protection wherever it is used, may it be on the playgrounds, the camping grounds or on the neighborhood streets.
Baofeng 5 Pack of Long Range of Walkie Talkie 2 Way radio
- This handheld device is great for long range usage since it can deliver the communication of the users effectively and crisp
- It can be used for as far as 6 kilometers
- The device is equipped with a flashlight, a time-out timer and an emergency alarm
- It has 16 channel capacity, 3 Watt transmit, VOX function and voice prompt
There are many more brands and different models available in most markets today. Some may appear old fashioned and some may be developed to become more modern looking. Whatever your choice may be, it is important to take the features into consideration so that it can serve your needs better.